7/31/09

Bloggining

I need an outlet to talk about everything food-related: baking, cooking, food science, history, anything. There are lots of food blogs out there, and lots of people just as food-obsessed as I am, but I'm hoping at least a few people will be interested in what I have to say. I have three tenets of cooking: what you make should be tastier than what you can buy in a store or restaurant (or at least strive to be), it should be cheaper, and/or it should be worth the effort.

For example, butter? Totally worth making at home; it tastes a hundred times better than butter from the store, you can use the buttermilk by-product, and if you can find some inexpensive cream (this is where Costco or Sam's Club come in handy), the cost is on par with store-bought butter.

And if you like (American, southern, buttermilk) biscuits as much as I do, homemade buttermilk biscuits made with homemade butter and buttermilk are a food miracle that don't come in a can.

No comments:

Post a Comment